Saturday, March 29, 2014

TMI - Menstrual Cup

This is about to get TMI but I really wish I had read a blog post about the subject years ago!

Ever since birthing Blaine, tampons and swimming just don't go together like they used to.  It will "work" but be soaking wet after swimming.  Was not the case before Blaine!  I blame all 8 lbs, 10 oz of him.   I tried Kegels and all that jazz but no change.   This would be a major problem if I would have a triathlon the week of my period! I found myself googling why and what to do about this issue.  I kept coming across the idea of using a menstrual cup.  I had heard of these but had them in the category of hippie things like not washing your hair, going vegan, and using and cloth pads for your period.

I finally bit the bullet and ordered one (oops the wrong size!) but it works pretty darn good!  I use it on day 2-5 of my period because I don't trust it on day 1.   I won't use it if I know I will be out in public using the bathrooms and I am veryyyy thankful that at school it is a one stall bathroom with a sink right in there.

There you have it! A real life changer in my book!

Sorry for the lack of blog posts, our laptop is always on the fritz and I hate typing extensively on the IPad. Plus my pictures are all on the computer!

No comments: